Quote for the Day

Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Last week we spent the week preparing for this week's TAKS.

I am so proud of how hard our students are working, and I can't wait to see how well they will do after this testing is all over. A couple of things I would like for you to review before the reading test on Tuesday.

Summary-
1. Character- The Who or Subject of the Passage
2. Setting- When and Where the story takes place
3. Plot- Why the Passage was written- What it is all about
4. Conclusion- How the passage ends.

Text Orgainzation
An author can orgainze their writing by
Description- Telling you what things look, taste, and smell like.
Sequence- Telling you the order in which things happen.
Compare and Contrast- Telling you the things that are alike or different about something/even two people
Cause and Effect- by telling you how something happened and the effects it had on something or someone.
Problem/ Solution- Giving you a problem and then telling you how that problem was solved.

Things to remember about word meaning-
You do not have to know how to say the word, just use the words around it to figure out what it means.

MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER!!!!!!!! PROVE YOUR ANSWERS, even if they are inferencing questions, you can still go back and find reason that made you come to the conclusion to an answer. Remember I have told you, I have to do that for the test I take.  It is worth it!!!

Please do all the strategies I have taught you, if you find yourself drifting off or not paying attention to what you are reading or answering, ask to go to the restroom and splash some water on your face.

If you will do the things I have taught you, I know you will come out victorious!!!
 Stay Focused and know that MRS.HINKSON BELIEVES in YOU!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I'll use all my strategies to make you and my family happy and i'll try my best. I'll try to get commended

    h-10

    ReplyDelete

Followers