As most of you know, I am not only a teacher, I am also a student. I am getting my Master's in Instructional Technology. This sometimes is a challenge on how to balance all of my responsibilities, but I am determined to get an A in every class, no matter what. I am so thankful to my husband who is willing to help out with the house and kids. I woke up this morning and got to school at 8:30. I had a few things for next week to get finished up, and I wanted to do a little work for my classes in some peace and quiet. After working for a few hours, I went to the library to get some books for our Native American Menus that we start next week, and I stopped by the grocery store. Then it was home to finish my HOMEWORK!!! Before starting my project, I checked in on my online class and I learned some very valuable information.
Last week I turned in my project. In my class we have a discussion board where we can ask questions about projects and discuss different assignments. One of my friends had posted how we were suppose to do the assignment I had turned in on Sunday. How she explained it was in no way how I had done the assignment. Most of you know me well, and it is no surprise I totally freaked out. I emailed my professor and asked if I could redo the assignment. He responded to me that after he graded it he would let me know if revisions needed to be made. I waited all week, knowing that I was going to have to rework that assignment as well as do the other assignments that were due. Last night I got my grade. It was a 17 out of 20. That would be an 85%. I was so bummed because I couldn't get any comments or figure out what I had done wrong. I did the only thing I could think of. I emailed the professor to see what I could do to get points back. I wanted to get back enough to get me to an A.
GUESS WHAT!!!!! I just got the email back from my professor. He had entered the grade wrong. I had really gotten a 20 out of 20. I had a 100% for the project. Here is the lesson learned, if you think you might have deserved a different grade or if you want to know what you should have done differently, ASK!!!!!! Sometime you might learn the teacher has made a mistake. I am human as well, I have made mistakes as well. So learn from me, advocate for yourself. If you don't do well on an assignment talk to me and find out what you did wrong, I will help you re-learn the material, you might get lucky and find out I entered the grade wrong. :) Have a great weekend all!!!
Welcome to Mrs. Hinkson's Blog. This is a great place to find out what we will be doing in class and where to ask questions. If you are a student in my class, please do not use your name or any identifying information. Use the first letter of your homeroom teachers name and your class number, eg. G1, G2.
Quote for the Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(21)
- ► 05/08 - 05/15 (2)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 04/03 - 04/10 (2)
- ► 03/27 - 04/03 (4)
- ► 03/06 - 03/13 (2)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (2)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (1)
- ► 01/30 - 02/06 (1)
- ► 01/23 - 01/30 (1)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (4)
-
▼
2010
(27)
- ► 12/19 - 12/26 (1)
- ► 12/05 - 12/12 (1)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (9)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (4)
- ► 10/10 - 10/17 (1)
- ► 09/26 - 10/03 (4)
- ► 09/19 - 09/26 (2)
- ► 09/12 - 09/19 (1)
- ► 08/22 - 08/29 (2)
Mrs. Hinkson its great that you got a 20 20 on your test!
ReplyDeleteH7