I sent out an email to parents. I am going to be out and about tomorrow going to various sporting events that my students are performing in.(Do I say performing or playing?) You see I am a Band Nerd played clarinet from 6th grade until I was a Junior in college. The most I know about sports is there is usually food or a concession stand close by. I know not one thing about a football down or a baseball home run, and I am sure going to be lost at the Karate meet. Do you bow when you walk in even if you are not wearing one of those white robes? Needless to say I will do anything to get out of another day of graduate study. Honestly, though, I can't wait to see the kids outside of school. It is so exciting to see them pulling together as a team and having confidence in the classroom, but there is nothing like seeing them cheering each other on as they pull their team to victory or consoling in defeat. I love watching my students play because it gives them the since I care. Just like I told my husband the other day, actions speak louder than words, so if you see this lost lady in a white SUV driving around (hopefully not in tears) looking for the all white team, the purple and gold team, the new yellow belt karate kid, or the pink ballet tutu, please direct me in the right direction and please excuse my lack of sports knowledge.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Welcome to Mrs. Hinkson's Blog. This is a great place to find out what we will be doing in class and where to ask questions. If you are a student in my class, please do not use your name or any identifying information. Use the first letter of your homeroom teachers name and your class number, eg. G1, G2.
Quote for the Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(21)
- ► 05/08 - 05/15 (2)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 04/03 - 04/10 (2)
- ► 03/27 - 04/03 (4)
- ► 03/06 - 03/13 (2)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (2)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (1)
- ► 01/30 - 02/06 (1)
- ► 01/23 - 01/30 (1)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (4)
-
▼
2010
(27)
- ► 12/19 - 12/26 (1)
- ► 12/05 - 12/12 (1)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (9)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (4)
- ► 10/10 - 10/17 (1)
- ▼ 09/26 - 10/03 (4)
- ► 09/19 - 09/26 (2)
- ► 09/12 - 09/19 (1)
- ► 09/05 - 09/12 (2)
- ► 08/22 - 08/29 (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment