Quote for the Day

Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Positive Thinking

In my classes this past week, we have been talking about the power of positive thought.  The student are helping me, and I am helping them focus on the positive. Nothing good comes out of negative thought.  For years I have told myself, if I expect the worse and the worse happens I will be prepared.  Well, that is not true.  Every time something bad, negative, or tragic has happened to me, it hurt just as bad, even if I had spent weeks worrying about it.

We are studying the quotes of famous, successful,  Americans each day.  We are discussing/inferencing the vocabulary and the message.  The students seem very motivated and excited. I hope that I can help them realize that positive thinking makes life worth living.  We are using these strategies integrated into the current curriculum to help create a fun, exciting, atmosphere.  We will post the quotes we use each day on the side bar of the blog, as well as, write them in our journals.

We are also keeping a list of the things we are thankful for.  It is amazing to read their journals.  We expect to see moms and dads.  These guys are so much fun, they are thankful for the bike that gets them to school, the little sister that let them use her pencil, the grandma that brought them to soccer.  As much as I am trying to create a since of self worth in each student, it brightens my day to spend it with each of them.  I am thankful this week for the hardworking, fun, group of students that I have been blessed with. Thanks for helping them stay positive and believing that they can be anything they want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers